Led by an expert panel of clinicians and researchers from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals and the University of Sheffield, this live online panel discussion, to be held Tuesday 8th June at 6pm, will look at the progress made in finding treatments and vaccines for COVID-19, the remarkable strides that have been made in how health researchers have adapted to the challenges presented by the pandemic, and how this might affect health research going forward.
- Dr Paul Collini, Honorary Consultant in Infectious Diseases at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Senior Clinical Lecturer, The University of Sheffield “The development of COVID-19 treatments and vaccines”
- Professor Cindy Cooper, Director of the Clinical Trials Research Unit in Sheffield, The University of Sheffield- “Adaptations to clinical trial design and delivery”
- Dr Thomas Harrison, Registrar in Infectious Diseases and Microbiology at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust- “Involving diverse communities in research”
The panel discussion will be hosted by Professor Simon Heller, Director of Research and Development at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and D4D Diabetes Theme Clinical Lead.
To join the livestream visit https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/whatson/current/international-clinical-trials-day-live-stream
The event is being run in support of the National Institute for Health Research’s Be Part of Research campaign and International Clinical Trials Day 2021.
About International Clinical Trials Day
International Clinical Trials Day commemorates when the first controlled clinical trial was conducted on 20 May 1747. Since then, research has played a vital role in improving healthcare for everyone.
Information on national opportunities to be involved in research can be found on the Be Part of Research website
NIHR Devices for Dignity MedTech Co-operative
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS
D33, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
0114 271 2159
- Validating the Need for your Product: Involving Future Users (Clinicians, Patients, Families) Webinar13th April 2022 - 4:06 pm
- NIHR i4i Challenge Award in Real World Implementation – open for applications 4th November28th October 2021 - 11:32 am
- NIHR SME Consultation Event – Friday 5th November20th October 2021 - 9:57 am