Patients and Carers
Health conditions can have an extensive impact on how a person is able to live, and it can be difficult to imagine the extent of the effects without direct experience of them. Patient need is the driving force behind our projects, and as such, it is vital that we understand from patients what their experiences are, and how they would like them improved.
We have developed a strategy to guide our partnership working with patients, carers and the public. You can read our strategy here.
“Patient and carer knowledge and lived experience is hugely important, enriching our understanding of an unmet need and the context in which that unmet need occurs, which ultimately leads to better solutions.”
Renal, cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patient
D4D Patient Partnership Lead
We include individuals or groups of patients and carers, or patient-representing organisations such as charities, in the following:
- Discussions and focus groups
- Design workshops
- Iterative design and evaluation
- Project teams
- Contributing to- and being applicants in grant submissions
- Reviewing grant applications
- Membership of our Steering Committee and Project Advisory Panels
- Identification of outcome measures that are important to patients and their carers for inclusion in trials
- Concept and prototype reviews
If you are a patient or carer living with a long-term condition and you are interested in working with us please click below.
If you would like to learn more about how D4D works in partnership with patients and carers you be interested in reading some of our project case studies
If you would like to get in touch to discuss a project, please contact us: