Welcome to the Starworks Innovation Project:
We are a young people’s prosthetics research collaboration and will bring children and their families together with key opinion leaders from the NHS, Industry, Clinical Academia and leading National Research Centres with capabilities in child prosthetics.
Funding call now open:
***Closing date for applications extended one week to Friday 3rd November***
We are pleased to announce that the Starworks prosthetics funding call has opened, below you will find key dates and key documents as well as instructions on how to apply for up to £50,000 of funding.
The call is open to organisations from academia, industry and the NHS (a minimum of two organisations from the different sectors should be involved) and it is expected that each project will have a close interface with children and families.
Entries will be selected primarily on their potential to address the unmet needs identified within the child prosthetics arena and on the improved outcomes delivered to children and families.
You can still register for our sandpit events which will highlight these areas of need and inspire attendees to come up with new ideas and concepts and introduce you to potential collaborators. It is not essential you attend these events to apply for funding, however it will help you fully understand the areas of priority identified within the needs assessment. To register for these events see below.
- Competition launch: 22nd September 2017
- Deadline for submission: 12 noon, 3rd November
- Interview panel if required: November 2017
- Successful applications announced: December 2017
- Projects begin: February 2018
How to apply:
- Please navigate to the Innovation Manager Competition portal – http://fundingcalls.innovationmanager.uk/
- This is a multi-competition portal. On this portal you are required to register, you can then navigate to the Starworks PoC funding competition
- The portal will contain the key documents required for the call, these are also available below:
- Please note all submissions must be entered through the Innovation Manager Competition portal