These awards support researchers who are transforming great ideas into healthcare innovations that could have a significant impact on human health with up to £500,000, or up to £750,000 available for multidisciplinary collaborations. Project duration is usually up to 24 months, or up to 36 months for multidisciplinary collaborations.
Applications should describe:
- the global burden of the disease or condition that you want to address
- the unmet healthcare need
- the patient population that you want to reach and the impact that your healthcare innovation could have on their health
- why your healthcare innovation will be significantly better than anything that’s already available or being developed
- the evidence supporting your proof of concept
- what you will do with our funding (e.g. key experiments and project deliverables) to move your project on to the next stage of development
- your team’s expertise and the resources available to you
- your long-term aims beyond this award.
For further information, click the link: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/innovator-awards