Bookings are now open for NIHR Community Healthcare MIC Diagnostic Evidence Workshops, 8/9/10 October 2019
Worcester College, Oxford
Who should attend?
The series is aimed at all professionals who wish to advance their understanding of diagnostic test evaluation, including those working in industry, academia, research funding and regulatory affairs organisations.
These workshops are for you if you:
- Want to learn more about how to generate and interpret evidence for the performance of diagnostic tests
- Want an overview of how to approach cost-effectiveness analysis of a new diagnostic
- Need a better understanding of the statistics underpinning diagnostic test evaluation.
Workshop 1: Tuesday 8 October Introduction to evaluation of diagnostics
Workshop 2: Wednesday 9 October: Cost-effectiveness analysis of diagnostic tests for development and adoption
Workshop 3: Thursday 10 October: Statistical methods for diagnostic accuracy in medical research
Full course details of the workshop programmes are available here.
Each day costs £195 which includes tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch.
You can choose to attend either the whole three days, or pick and choose individual days to suit your learning requirements.
Please note that when booking, the course fee will say £0.00 until you choose one of the options under the ‘Extras’ tab.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
Bursaries for SMEs
This year, we are able to offer a limited number of bursaries to individuals from SMEs covering workshop course fees. The following requirements apply:
- -The company must be an Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (we would like those with more modest resources to have this opportunity)
- -The company should be developing a diagnostic for use in primary or acute community care
- -You may only apply for a bursary for ONE of the workshops
- -Interested parties should write to firstname.lastname@example.org and detail how and why you would benefit from attending the course, and which day you would like to apply for in no more than 150 words, using the subject line ‘MIC Workshop Bursary *specify workshop*’
- -The bursary only covers course fees. Applicants will need to cover their own travel/accommodation etc fees
- -The deadline for bursary applications is Wednesday 31st July, 12pm.