Healthcare Science Innovation Fellows – success at the CSO Healthcare Science Awards
On 13th May 2021, the CSO Healthcare Science Awards took place at the 2021 Chief Scientific Officer’s Annual Conference.
The Healthcare Science Awards, celebrates the tremendous contributions and achievements of the healthcare science workforce and the impact they have on patient outcomes, by championing inspiring case studies of quality improvement, innovative partnerships and pioneering service delivery.
Two of the Fellows participating in the Healthcare Science Innovation Fellowship Programme delivered by Devices for Dignity – Jamie Osborne and Maighread Ireland – were recognised for their achievements at the Awards.
Jamie Osborne, a Senior Clinical Biochemist at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust, was awarded Healthcare Science Rising Star.
This award celebrates healthcare scientists in the early stages of their career who are already demonstrating how much healthcare science can bring to transforming care pathways and service development.
On receiving his award, Jamie said,
“It’s such an honour to receive the 2020 CSO Rising Star award and I’m so proud to have been considered alongside so many fantastic scientists. The achievements of the nominees were all so impressive; it’s a great reflection on the profession that there was no shortage of projects to celebrate.
Thank you to everyone at Bolton FT for creating such a supportive environment to train and grow in, and huge congratulations to all the other winners.”
Maighread Ireland, Design Engineer at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, was awarded the Innovation Award with the Clinical Engineering Innovation team, led by Paul White, Head of Clinical Engineering.
“It’s great that the Clinical Engineering Innovation team has been recognised by the CSO for their work, hopefully this will encourage more NHS engineering & design collaborations.”
Congratulations Jamie and Maighread!
NIHR Devices for Dignity MedTech Co-operative
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS
D33, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
0114 271 2159
- Devices for Dignity Awarded £3m for Pioneering HealthTech Research Centre to Support People with Long Term Health Conditions16th November 2023 - 5:03 pm
- An Interview with Dr. Daniel Blackburn6th October 2023 - 11:58 am
- CognoSpeakTM – Using AI to Detect Early Signs of Dementia3rd October 2023 - 2:35 pm
- Validating the Need for your Product: Involving Future Users (Clinicians, Patients, Families) Webinar13th April 2022 - 4:06 pm
- NIHR i4i Challenge Award in Real World Implementation – open for applications 4th November28th October 2021 - 11:32 am
- NIHR SME Consultation Event – Friday 5th November20th October 2021 - 9:57 am