Medipex have announced the finalists in each category of the Medipex NHS Innovation Awards 2021 being held on 22nd September.
NIHR Devices for Dignity MedTech Co-operative, and our partners the NIHR Children and Young People MedTech Co-operative, would like to congratulate all the finalists and are proud to be partners in a number of innovation projects shortlisted across the categories:
Improved Treatments and Pathways:
– Heather Elphick, Sheffield Children’s NHSFT “The COMFORT project (Custom-made Masks for Overnight Respiratory Therapy) for Children requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation”
– Jamie Healey and team, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHSFT “New therapy for post-stroke arm spasticity: Sheffield Adaptive Patterned Electrical Stimulation: ‘SHAPES’”
Delivering Benefits through Diagnosis and Screening:
– Sue Pownall, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHSFT “AspiRate – acoustic assessment of swallow safety”
Preventing or Reducing Hospital Attendance:
– Paul Dimitri & Ivan Phelan, Sheffield Children’s NHSFT “Virtual Reality Home Rehabilitation to Upper Limb Motor Impairment in Children”
Management of Long Term Conditions:
– Nicki Barker, Sheffield Children’s NHS FT “Moving on Asthma: an educational transition tool for adolescents”
Congratulations to all!
NIHR Devices for Dignity MedTech Co-operative
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS
D33, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
0114 271 2159